Here’s the second half of the #100factsaboutme meme from Twitter. Know you’ve been dying to read the rest! 🙂
51. The closest I’ve come to shuffling off this mortal coil was reacting to penicillin when I was seven years old. I went into anaphylactic shock and “died”. They brought me back. (I’m not supposed to know that, but I saw the medical records – and I remember how it felt).
52. I also fell through the lower half (glass) of a storm door. Fortunately the glass shattered so I didn’t get hurt.
53. I’m a type-2 diabetic. Hoping that will change as I get in better shape, but not sure it will. My birth dad is a diabetic and he’s in pretty good shape. Runs in the family.
54. Between the ages of 10 and 12, I believed implicitly in the power of half-birthdays. Was sure I would attain some super power when my half-birthday rolled around. Yep. I was a weird little kid.
55. By the way, no super powers. Just in case you were wondering.
56. My favorite month is October … I’m one of Ray Bradbury’s Autumn people, no doubt.
57. I don’t have a single favorite color; I prefer jewel tones, though – Amethyst, Ruby Red (dark) and Sapphire Blue.
58. Besides writing, I like to draw.
59. My favorite classes at school (Lakeland, when I got my graphic design degree) were Life Drawing and Art Drawing.
60. I also loved photography.
61. When I was at Lakeland, I entered the Lake County Communicators Apex Awards. I won a Gold award in Photography. The photo is on my Facebook profile.
62. I had a pony (almost horse-sized) when I was growing up. Her name was Heidi. I didn’t name her – just want that on the record.
63. I ride Western – could never get the hang of the English saddle. I know – shame on me.
64. Love to roller skate and ice skate, although I haven’t done either in ages. I think my insurance covers broken bones, so I may give it a try again. 🙂
65. I seem to have lost the ability to run, oddly enough.
66. Want to also try riding a bike again.
67. The one thing I absolutely refuse to do as I get older is be afraid. My mother-in-law has a friend who refuses to eat at a particularly good restaurant because she’s afraid to drive up a small grade.
68. That “not being afraid” thing doesn’t extend to riding a skateboard. I couldn’t even do that when I was younger.
69. I probably have a favorite author, but I love so many books, I don’t know how I’d ever pick just one.
70. Crocheting comes easily to me. I’ve made an afghan, vests, scarves and things like that.
71. I can’t knit.
72. But I do quilt.
73. Although I hate cutting out all the little pieces. I don’t mind sewing a quilt and I’d probably make more if I could find someone to do the cutting.
74. I’d rather cook for myself than go out to eat. Even if someone else is paying.
75. I was briefly a police dispatcher. Only I don’t do midnight shifts well. I’m strictly diurnal.
76. Also worked in the newsroom of the local ABC affiliate, doing computer support and maintaining the morgue.
77. Not THAT kind of morgue – I was in charge of storing scripts for future reference.
78. The longest I’ve held a job continuously was 7 years.
79. I’m really proud that my adopted dad was a TEC4 in the Signal Corps in WWII (European Theatre of Operations). That’s where my handle/netnic/callsign comes from.
80. I’m also proud that my birth father has been instrumental in conserving a large part of his native state as a national park. He’d be the first to say that he didn’t do it alone, but I’m still very proud of him.
81. I wanted to be President once. Sorry.
82. Went through a stretch where I thought I wanted to be a cop.
83. When I was at Kent State in the 70s, I thought I wanted to be a lawyer.
84. Now, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. If I ever do.
85. I used to sing in the choir/praise team of the church I formerly attended.
86. Collected stamps once.
87. I was a Girl Scout from Brownies all the way to Cadettes.
88. Once I had a crush on Donny Osmond. That explains why I like purple.
89. I am also a Cleveland Browns fan.
90. Not much of a Cavs fan. Liked to play basketball, but not interested in watching.
91. Have used and will use both PCs and Macs. I think the rivalry is silly.
92. Also use both Facebook (Janet Lingel Aldrich) and Twitter (@TEC4_Cleveland). Similarly silly rivalry.
93. I design web pages & have three blogs and a website.
94. I think Pierre Jalbert should be in the Canadian Ski Museum/Hall of Fame and would mount a campaign on his behalf if he’d let me.
95. My recent bout of writing is the first I’ve done (outside of high school) since the 1980s.
96. I usually don’t drink on account of being a diabetic.
97. Like wine, but while I like the smell of beer, I don’t like how it tastes.
98. I found my favorite Web acquaintance (whom I’ve never actually met) because I was searching for something else and he came up.
99. My favorite current Hab is Tomas Plekanec. (No! I’ll bet you had no idea!)
100. I want to live in Montreal some day.